A family member recently provided me with some excerpts from a book titled “The Magic of Getting What You Want”, by David J. Schwartz
I would like to share some of the most salient points:
- Parents should take responsibility for the actions of their children, instead of blaming outside influences.
- Speak positively of those in your company, and build up those around you with praise.
- The media celebrates negativity, and promotes more negative behavior.
- “Bad news really does make more bad news” (104)
- Terrorists take advantage of free publicity, thanks to press coverage of these tragic events.
- Ask for help, and find a mentor who is successful. Asking for help is the greatest praise you can give a mentor.
- The best advice is advice you request, rather than advice you’re given.
- Ask, don’t beg.